Location: Ogden, UT
The Utah Schools for the Deaf and the Blind (USDB) invites you to consider a challenging and gratifying employment opportunity with our school. We are seeking a dynamic and visionary individual to join our team as a School Psychologist working in Ogden.
As School Psychologist you will:
- Complete required compliance psycho-educational evaluation batteries for deaf/hard-of-hearing and blind/visually impaired youth and students.
- Attend IEP meetings for students with psychological needs.
- Write usable reports based on student performance on psycho-educational evaluation battery and make appropriate interventions based on data acquired from compliance psycho-educational evaluation battery.
- Professionally communicate findings and recommendations to administrators, teachers and parents.
- Participate in individual and group interventions for at-risk students.
- Consults with administrators and teachers regarding student management programs.
- Develop and implement treatment plans to help clients mobilize inner capacities and resources to improve social functioning.
- Document client/patient progress and revises treatment plans as required; completes administrative paperwork.
- Consult with others to discuss treatment plans, new or unusual situations, findings, options, and recommendations on client/patient cases.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will possess or eligibility of:
- Completion of an approved Master’s degree program in school psychology, including an academic-year internship.
- State of Utah Licensure as a School Psychologist.
- Proficient in American Sign Language (ASL) and have experience in testing deaf/hard-of-hearing and/or blind/visually impaired students.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
Salary based on Teacher Salary Schedule commensurate with education and experience. This position is eligible for a full benefits package including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement plan, personal and sick leave, and other valuable benefits.
This is a full-time appointment, work schedule August through June (183 contract days)
Those interested in this position may apply by submitting a letter specifically addressing the qualifications listed in this announcement, current resume, transcripts, copy of license, and 3 or more professional references. Please send all application materials to:
Melanie Butters, Human Resource Analyst
Utah Schools for the Deaf and the Blind
742 Harrison Blvd., Ogden, UT 84404
The State of Utah is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. The State provides reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, please contact the Department of Human Resource Management at 801-538-3025.